Putting your foot down, sticking to the rules—it’s part of what makes you a great mom and keeps things running smoothly. That’s why MommyMixer® has some rules of its own. We want babysitting to be the great experience families and helpers deserve. Our Pinwheel Ratings System lets sitters and families rate each other’s work, characteristics and, shall we say…pleasantness. MommyMixer® expects kind, responsible, clean, prompt and fun interactions from both sides! If someone’s not up to par, then much like Heidi says, Auf wiedersehen, they’re out.
Take some cues below, girls...
5 pinwheelsFor the sitter who:
- is a rock star in your (and your kids’) eyes
- kinda makes you want to expand your house so she can move in!
- you click with so well that it’s like she’s family—your little sister and the kids’ favorite aunt!
- is absolutely the best.
5 Pinwheels are GOLDEN, just like the helper herself! She has all the qualities of a 4 Pinwheels rating, plus lots more.
4 pinwheelsFor the sitter who:
- is always on time
- is super attentive
- is so responsible you barely worry
- straightens the house when kids are occupied
- proactively involves kids in play and activities so they’re never bored
- sets a great example of manners and vocabulary for your kids
- is always dressed appropriately—clean-cut, ready to play, with no visible tats or piercings
- asks "What else can I help you with before I leave, Mrs. X?
3 pinwheelsFor the sitter who:
- is usually on time
- is (for the most part) dressed appropriately and presentably
- straightens the house when you ask
- plays great with kids but could improve by giving direction
2 pinwheelsFor the sitter who:
- keeps an eye on the kids (but doesn’t do much else)
- doesn’t straighten up, even when you ask
- doesn’t initiate play when kids are looking for something to do
1 pinwheelFor the sitter who:
- arrives late
- leaves kids to their own devices
- obviously doesn't want to be working
- you probably won’t ever call again
We want only the best helpers in your homes. Any sitter that receives 2 pinwheels or less will be given one chance to do better. If she doesn't achieve 3 pinwheels, she is out.
5 pinwheelsFor the family who:
- really feels like family because they treat you as such
- you wish every family were like this!
- has all the great qualities of a 4 Pinwheel rating, plus so much more!
5 Pinwheels are GOLDEN—imagine your dream family and they’re it.
4 pinwheelsFor the family who:
- is polite and kind
- is mindful of your time and gets home when they say they will
- pays awesome with bonus if helper goes above and beyond
- has a home that’s clean and tidy (a place you’d want to spend time in!)
- is fun, not uptight, and enjoyable to be around
- has nice manners and instills them in their kids
3 pinwheelsFor the family who:
- is nice and polite
- is usually timely and calls ahead if they won’t be
- pays appropriately
2 pinwheelsFor the family who:
- keeps you working later than you agreed
- treats help like "help"
- got you to agree to a lower rate (then left carrying a brand new Louis V.)
- doesn’t seem to care that their house is a wreck
1 pinwheelFor the family who:
- asks you to arrive early and is always late
- pays poorly
- speaks disrespectfully and is less than friendly to you
- lets kids misbehave like it’s no one’s business
- asks you to clean their house top to bottom and it looked like a bomb went off BEFORE you ever arrived
- you don’t ever want to drive down their street again —enough said!